USAID HEC Merit & Need Based Scholarship Program 2017-18 Apply Online
The Higher Education Commission in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) offers scholarships for financially disadvantaged students to study agriculture and business administration programs since 2004. The program is consistent with the HEC’s goals to support financially deserving students, widen access to quality education, and encourage academic interest in fields that are vital to Pakistan’s economic development.
1. The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
2. Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the prescribed disciplines at the selected Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions
a. Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences
b. Business Administration
c. Social Sciences
d. Engineering & Technology
3. Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 and 5) and Graduate (2 Years and 3.5 years) programs
4. Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
5. The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined by the financial background of his/her family.
What does the scholarship cover?
The Needs Based Scholarship program covers funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
How to Apply??
Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution or Ca be downloaded from below.
The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)