Why the position exists
- Operational buying – Directly manage specific suppliers, with focus on negotiation, performance
- Commodity buying – managing specific commodities for a given scope within the region in line with directives or broader commodity strategies of Schneider
What is the expected contributions of the position to the results of the organization
- Purchasing objectives for given scope (including Productivity, Supplier Quality and Service Rate).
NETWORK OF INTERACTION Major interaction parties
(Internal e.g. colleagues, Sales & Marketing Dept, Unions & etc. External e.g. legal advisor, customers, distributors, Clients & etc)
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Purchasing Performance for given scope
- Purchasing Reporting/Data –Ensure all required reporting of Purchasing data is completed on time and accurately
- Supplier Leader Role-Manage supply qualification; negotiate and manage contracts with specific suppliers in scope. First escalation level for supplier crisis management. Follow up with Suppliers on performance. Link to regional/global management where applicable
- Purchasing tools and data –Ensure all Purchasing tools are used, and data is up to date and complete for given scope (suppliers/commodities)
- Commodity Strategy-Ensure application of relevant commodity strategy and Supplier Orientation Charts(SOC)
- Commodity Leader Role-If in charge of specific commodities, coordinate management of that commodity across the given scope. Develop SOC’s where relevant. Support the business for this commodity as required.
- Plant Product Evolution (PEP)/Engineer to Order (ETO)-Support Product Evolution Process and ETO where needed for sourcing new parts, supplier selection etc.
- Health, Safety and the Environment-Understands and implements company HSE policies. Complies with company and customer HSE standards and policies.
Manages individual priorities and deliverables within the HSE context.
Actively encourages a safety and environmentally conscious workplace.
Strives to find new ways of improving the work environment
Takes a personal interest (or ‘actively owns’) HSE issues and activities within your area of responsibility – lead by example.
Governance-Ensure activities comply with legal and ethical standards
Education : Graduate level in technical or business related field.
Job related*Experience*: Strong background in Industrial or Technical management with 3 Years experience in Purchasing.
Business Understanding: Business Knowledge and trade off, total cost, actions are strongly related to Purchasing context with financial commercial issues on top of technical, industrial and Supply Chain concerns
Geographical Responsibility: Zone – e.g. G China, G India, NEA, Pacific, SEA; OD – e.g. APOD, EOD, NAOD, IOD
Others (e.g. language skills, technical skills): Good level of English
Technical knowledge in related commodities a benefit
Primary Location : PK-Sindh-Karachi
Last Date to Apply: Aug 31, 2017
Note : Open above link and search for “Pakistan” in Location
See Also : PSO Graduate Trainee Program 2017