Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2017: Approved in June 2012 by the Government and was initially designed to reimburse tuition fees and on and off mandatory charges for the students of Balochistan, FATA and Gilgit Baltistan admitted on merit in Masters/MPhil /PhD in any public sector degree awarding institution. In 2013, it has been made an integral part of Prime Minister’s Youth Program. The scope of the Program has been increased since then and now 114 districts of Pakistan are eligible under the Scheme.
Financial Coverage of the Scheme
- Actual Tuition Fee (of Masters , MS/MPhil and PhD programs)
- On and Off Mandatory charges which includes Registration Fee/Enrollment Fee, Admission fee (For new admissions only), Examination Fee, Library charges(non-refundable), Laboratory charges, Research related academic activities only.
- Non study related heads like transport fee, hostel fee, Sports fee, Endowment Fund, Equipment Fee, Health Fee or Any Refundable dues will not be paid.
- The Students having valid domicile/local certificate of specified areas under the Scheme
- The students who are enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/MPhil programs in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions, located in the geographical territory of their province/Region/Area
- The students who are enrolled in PhD program in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions anywhere across Pakistan
Students from Baluchistan,Azad jammu Kashmir,Gilgat / Baltistan FATA, Interior ,Soutern Punjab & Other DIstricts of Punjab (Khushab, Mianwali, Attock & Bhakkar) & KPK Districts are Chitral,Lower Dir,Malakand, Upper dir,Buner,Swat, Shangla,Malakand,Kohistan,Dera Islmail Khan,Tank ,Luck Marwat, Battgaram,Torghar, Kohat,Hangu,Karak & Bannu
How to Apply
Students who are newly admitted in Public Sector University in Spring/Fall Session (depending upon the university’s admission cycle) are required to apply through online student web portal system i.e. http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/ by the given deadline of HEC
- Newly registered are not required to validate their records.
- The focal person of the university will approve/disapprove ‘Newly Registered’ students by the given deadline of HEC.
- HEC, office will scrutinize the data and look for any discrepancies and ineligible students.
- HEC will ensure payments to the students according to fee structure of the universities and approved heads of the Scheme
- Only approved students meeting the eligibility criteria of the Scheme will receive payment.
- Cheques are issued in the name of VC of respective universities/ financial aid offices. The universities are responsible for the disbursement of cheques to students.
- The process of disbursement is ensured through help desk portal where universities assign assets through helpdesk system.
- Subsequent payments are processed on receipt of satisfactory Fund utilization report from universities