Position Title: HSE Manager
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Hill International (Middle East) is a US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,300 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Hill provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Hill International is seeking to employ aHSE Managerwith heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects inKarachi,Pakistan.
- Development of the Project Health, Safety and Environmental policies and objectives
- Development of Health, Safety and Environmental key implementation strategies
- Development and implementation of a Project Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals and/or Health, Safety and Environmental Plans (as applicable)
- Development and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental Training and Orientation programs
- Development of specific Health, Safety and Environmental Work Instructions as needed.
- Development of Health, Safety and Environmental System Document Register
- Development and implementation of Nonconformance, Corrective, and Preventive Action process.
- Development and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental auditing processes (involving assessment of all project groups)
- Development of Health, Safety and Environmental Roles and Responsibilities (part of health, safety and Environmental Plans)
- Provides Code interpretation to team members if/when needed.
- Develops requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental statistics reporting (metrics)
- Develops Health, Safety and Environmental Deliverables Matrix
- Provides input as required to requests for information from suppliers/contractors
- Provides input as required to technical deviation requests from suppliers/contractors
- Develops minimum Health, Safety and Environmental requirements for Suppliers/Contractors
- Collaborates on the development of the Supplier/Contractor Qualification Process
- Participates in on site assessment of prospective suppliers/contractors
- Provides input to development and continuous updating of Approved Suppliers List
- Provides input as required to the development of Equipment Criticality Ratings for the determination of inspection and testing requirements
- Reviews Technical Requisitions/RFQ/PO’s.
- Develops and implements the Health, Safety and Environmental strategy and processes.
- Reviews/comments/tracks Health, Safety and Environmental deliverable submittals
- Selects Health, Safety and Environmental agencies/individuals to represent company at fabrication/manufacturing facilities.
- Provides random oversight to health, safety and Environmental representatives at points of equipment manufacture
- Promotion of Health, Safety and Environmental awareness throughout organization
- Responsible for assessing work load, developing staffing plans, and recruitment of Health, Safety and Environmental team members when needed.
- Providing direction to all health, Safety and Environmental Personnel.
- Promotion of Health, Safety and Environmental awareness to subordinates
- Liaises closely with Document Management Group to ensure progressive assemble of project Health, Safety and Environmental documentation.
- Collaborates with Systems Completion/Turnover function for Health, Safety and Environmental documentation requirements
- Develops and implements a Lessons Learned capture process.
- University Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 20 years of construction experience with progressively more responsibility with respect to HSE Management with experience on Mega projects.
- In-depth knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental auditing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and organize resources.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with people of diverse disciplines, backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be a self-starter, and be a quick learner
_Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge_
Job Knowledge – Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
Interpersonal Skills – Adheres to Hill’s Standard of Conduct
Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
Initiative and creativity – Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
Possesses a flexible approach to work
Leadership – Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
Ability to analyze and solve problems
Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability to organize work effectively.
Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
Keen attention to detail
High Quality of Work
Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
Judgment – decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
Able to work well under pressure.
Title: HSE Manager
Requisition ID: 17002017