GE Power Internships 2017 in Pakistan : GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary / Purpose
GE Power Internships 2017 Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program in a corporate function. Program duration is 1-3 months; the program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience.
- Assist Customer Service Leader in timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns covering a wide variety of services offered for each of the assigned product lines
- Services may include request for Field Support, customer training, maintenance planning, spare parts, repair services, tooling and advice on operations
- Study and propose strategies for building strong longterm relationships with specific customers
- Get trained and assist in effectively handling technical queries from assigned customers
- Assist in organizing Customer Meetings / Events
- Maintaining and organizing customer Correspondence records
- Studying and preparing Organizational Charts of the major customers with brief profiles of decision makers
Qualifications / Requirements
During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his major
where he/she can develop his/her Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him to the work environment.
- Student of Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, Business or a related
discipline from an accredited college or university – GPA above 3.0
- Fluent in English
- Experienced in social media
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent story-mining skills
- Demonstrated creativity
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities
- Effectively problem solve and resolve a variety of issues and topics within the job scope
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior level management and corporate contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills including strong grammatical skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver information/projects to tight time scales
- Work on own initiative with a ‘willing to try’ approach, along with ability to work as part of a team and help to achieve a common goal
- Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
- Strong organizational relationship building skills for existing and prospective clients