British Council Summer Internship Program 2017 in Pakistan Apply Online
The British Council in Pakistan offers internships to students every summer ranging in duration from six to eight weeks. Students get a hands-on experience of what it is like to work in UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Come and be part of a team at the British Council that’s working to changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
The British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We have been in Pakistan for over sixty years, and during that time we have developed deep and lasting relationships with individuals and organisations. We have re-opened Libraries as convening spaces, content hubs and information services that support our wider strategy in Pakistan.
In Pakistan we operate at scale supporting 500,000 exams a year, working with over 150,000 teachers and all Higher Education Institutions. We have ambitious plans for Arts, further work in English – especially in Sindh and KPK building on our success in the Punjab. We aim to do this through delivery of services using a range of channels including more digital avenues.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for talented individuals who demonstrate the following behaviours and skills:
- Making it Happen- Essential Level
- Working with Others- Essential Level
- Connecting with Others- Essential Level
- Creating Shared Purpose- Essential Level
- Shaping the Future- Essential Level
- Being Accountable- Essential Level
- Managing Project, level 3: Leads smaller projects
- Communicating and Influencing, level 2: Relates communications to circumstances
- Planning and Organising, level 1: Is methodical
- Analysing Data and Problems, level 3: Analyses patterns
- Using Technology, level 2: Operates as an advanced user
WHAT YOU GET
- 6 to 8 weeks paid internship programme.
- Personal and professional development
- Corporate culture exposure
- Internship experience letter
Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad
PKR 15,000 per month
UK time: 23:59, 14 May 2017
Pak time: 3:59, 15 May 2017